History

1953

Kazuo Fujimoto(1925-2008) establishes FUJI ELECTRIC in Nijo, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto

1954

Establishes store/factory in Yanaginobamba-dori, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto
The first building on oike street.

1955

Clarifies the management policy, establishes three basic business principles.

1958

Establishes FUJI ELECTRIC INDUSTRY CO., LTD.

1959

Releases Multi-window indicator

1960

Construsts new building for Kyoto Head Office and a Kyoto Factory
Old Head Office building.

1961

Releases Compact desk board switch

1962

Releases Compact drum switch

1963

Kusatsu Factory building completed
Old Kusatsu Factory.

Releases Cam-operated switch

1969

Releases Noryl resin composite terminal block

1971

Releases Control center grip

1972

Releases Connector

1973

Establishes Osaka Sales Office

1975

Releases Electromagnetic LED indicator

1976

Starts a scholarship system for high school and university students

1978

Releases Pointer-type indicator

1981

Releases Spring-style screw-up terminal

1985

The new building of Kusatsu Factory completed

1987

Starts semi-automated production
Automatic contact swage device.

Releases Setting panels for automated power supplies

1989

All the buildings of Kusatsu Factory completed

Releases Annunciator relay

1990

Releases Small LED indicator

1991

Releases Easy wiring connector

1992

Establishes Shin-Asahi Factory

Releases Changing-over switch for rolling stock cars

1994

Establishes Tokyo Sales Office

Company goes public on the over-the-counter market

President Fujimoto receives the Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun Award for management

1995

Shin-Asahi Factory extends a building

Releases Compact-type test terminal

Establishes Fujimoto Foundation with incorporation funds
donated by President Fujimoto whose aim is assisting high school students to give scholarships

1996

Releases Door switch for rolling stock cars

1997

Kusatsu Factory and Shin-Asahi Factory acquire ISO 9001 certification

Shin-Asahi Factory extends a building

1998

Releases I/O module for railway power substations

1999

Releases Telephone relay and New-type multi-window indicator

2000

Releases Lock test terminal

2001

Tadashi Konishi named president

2002

Head Office, Kusatsu Factory and Shin-Asahi Factory acquire ISO 14001 certification

Releases Highly reliable switch with double-bridge contacts

2003

Constructs new building for Head Office

Releases Photo-coupler module

2004

Deregistered from the over-the-counter market of Japan Security Dealers Association
Public stock offering, company listed on JASDAQ Securities Exchange

Starts manufacture products that applicable to EU RoHS Directive

2005

Switch and Flag drop type fault indicator acquire CCC certification

Osaka Sales Office and Tokyo Sales Office acquire ISO 14001 certification

2006

Company listed on the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange

Releases Ground terminal block

2007

Delisted from JASDAQ Securities Exchange

Terminal block acquire UL certification in the U.S. and EN certification by TÜV in Europe

Releases Terminal block with wire dropping-off prevention function and Double contact connector

2008

Terminal block with wire dropping-off prevention function receives cahir person incentive award by Japan Electrical Construction Association at JECA FAIR 2008

Releases Small-size cam-operated switch and Switch disconnector

2010

Osaka Sales Office and Tokyo Sales Office acquire ISO 9001 certification

Releases Terminal block for high voltage use and Test switch for foreign relay equipment

2011

Establishes Minami-Kusatsu Factory
Minami-Kusatsu Factory

Osaka Sales Office was merged into Kusatsu Sales Office

2012

Minami-Kusatsu Factory acquire ISO14001 certification

2013

Releases High-voltage switch disconnector

2014

Listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange

2015

Releases SemiCon switch

2017

Extended Minami-Kusatsu Factory